Monday, January 10, 2011

Is there such thing as a discount lawyer for employees of The Los Angeles Unified School District?


Is there such thing as a discount lawyer for employees of The Los Angeles Unified School District?
I was having a conversation, and this person mentioned that LAUSD has a provided lawyer for it's employees. I was wondering if anybody knew if this was true or if you have any contact information? Please let me know, Thanks :)
Other - Education - 2 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
I think the person you were talking to meant in case you become involved with a legal matter that occurs in the school. Like, if example, a parent decides to sue you for something that occurs in the classroom, the district will provide you with an attorney to help in the proceedings. I could be wrong, though, but I've never heard of a district having employee discounts for lawyers for other issues.


2
Sometimes unions provide legal insurance or at least discounts for their members. You could try calling your union.

Popular Posts