Monday, February 14, 2011

Los Angeles School District Question (CA Residents Only Please)?


Los Angeles School District Question (CA Residents Only Please)?
I'm a teacher in NYC and I'm interested in moving to Cali and working in the Los Angeles Unified School District. Can anyone (students, parents, teacher, etc) give me the names of some really good schools. Whether they have high student performance and achievement, well-known artistic or technology programs, excellent special education accommodations and anything else you can think of that makes a school a great school. I am interested in working with any grade level, especially elementary. Thanks!
Primary & Secondary Education - 2 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
I've just been through this research due to an impending SoCal move and can share that these are supposedly the top elementary schools based on test schools and high parent involvement (I think most had good family-supported art curriculum, too, but I"m not sure): Clover Ave Elementary, Fairburn Ave, Hancok Park, Kenter Canyon, Mar Vista, Milgro, Roscomare Road, Third Street, Warner Ave, Wonderland Ave. You can check out details include parent reviews at GreatSchools.net. I've also heard (from friends in LA) that I should really consider Eagle Rock Elementary. Best of luck in LA!


2
Well, go to www.LAUSD.net and click on "Find A School" and that'll give you some idea of the types of school you might want to work at. Me, being a LAUSD substitute teacher, I get to see it all. I know the good and the bad.

Popular Posts