Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Where can I find an affordable bartending school in Los Angeles area?


Where can I find an affordable bartending school in Los Angeles area?
I googled it, but some of the popular schools like National Bartending School doesn't even list their price online, which makes me believe they're very expensive. I'm looking to earn a certificate at the end.
Other - Dining Out - 3 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
I went through all this too, but what I finally did was just go to a bar and get a job helping the bartender and they taught me all I needed to know for free. Those schools are expensive and not necessarily needed. I'm just saying...................


2
nobody hires people out of bartending school despite what that school promises you. apply for a barback job and learn from there and work you way into a bartender job. then apply where you want with bartender experience on your resume. but if you want to go anyways its around $500 for a 2 week class, maybe more in cali, and you learn the basics you can learn while getting paid as a barback anywhere..


3
What the other people have said is correct. My best friend took one of those classes, and he got certified, but he said in hindsight it was a total waste of money (like $500 bucks). Those bartending schools tend to rip you off. Yes, you'll learn how to make drinks, and how to pour, etc, but they are really expensive. You're better off getting a job at a bar where you can be trained behind the bar, because everywhere I've bartended I haven't needed a bartending school certificate.

Popular Posts